Outdoor Learning CPD at KS1 / KS2
Part of a programme of stand-alone, monthly sessions for KS1 / KS2 Teaching Staff (www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/learning-about/outdoor-learning-cpd-teacher-training)
Over recent years, increasing demand for our popular programme of school visits (www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/learning-about/education) has outstripped our capacity for delivery, so we have been exploring extra ways to support our local schools to take their children out of the classroom, and spend more time learning in their school grounds and local green spaces.
We are therefore pleased to once again offer an exciting programme of monthly Outdoor Learning at KS1/KS2 CPD sessions at our Macclesfield Forest centre, from March - June.
These stand-alone sessions aim to:
* Increase participant's own topic knowledge and understanding
* Share hints and tips on planning and running outdoor learning sessions (developing skills in outdoor leadership: from useful equipment to carry, to group management techniques)
* Provide opportunities to participate in hands-on practical activities which could easily be duplicated in your own setting or local green space.
* Provide opportunities to network with other like-minded local teaching staff
Timing: 10:00am - 3:00pm (welcome and refreshments from 9:30am)
Location: Macclesfield Forest Classroom (see attached directions)
Nearest postcode: SK11 0NS
What3Words reference: coach.emeralds.format
Parking: There is free parking for course participants, next to the Forest Classroom
Near Bus Route? No
Near Train Route? No
Cost: £50 per person, per session (Schools should be able to use Sports Premium funding for this)
* Refreshments will be provided, but please bring your own lunch.
* These sessions will include practical activities, most of which will take place outdoors. Please wear/bring comfortable outdoor clothing, suitable for the weather on the day. For the 'Rivers' session, it is advisable to bring wellingtons if you have them.
* To enable all participants to be fully involved in the training activities, participant numbers will be limited to 16 per session. If your preferred session is fully booked, please email us (see below) stating which session you wished to attend. If there is enough demand we will aim to provide additional dates.
If you require further information before making your booking, please email Learning.Discovery@peakdistrict.gov.uk
Click on the date in the calendar to see how many places are available, and to book on. Please use your school address to register and not your home address.